Simply the best whitewater oarlock. The Cobra Oar Lock was designed in collaboration with industry professionals and includes unique features that enhance performance and usability.
Forged from a specially formulated “Mag 70” high strength bronze alloy used in marine grade propellers, clamps, and rudders. Chosen for its high tensile strength and corrosion resistance, resulting in a super heavy-duty oarlock that is extremely durable. These bronze oarlocks are also designed to be adjustable to fit your oar and style of rowing.
See OARLOCK TUNING GUIDE for more info.
- Extra wide horns - spread out the load bearing area and reduce stress on the oar and lock.
- Elongated Oval Opening – smaller radius at the bottom than the top of the opening and adds 10° to 15° of vertical range of motion. The oar maintains contact with the sidewalls of the lock for a secure fit, while allowing free rotation for sculling and in-water recovery strokes. The extra range of motion allows for stand-up rowing, close-in sculling and more elevation to avoid hazards and obstacles (like those other boaters that always seem to be in the way).
- Tough Hammered Finish – helps limit the oar’s tendency to “slip to the stop” and eases the ability to perform more advanced rowing techniques with less fatigue.
- Versatility – Can be fine-tuned to fit almost any oar size and stop style.
- Sold individually or in pairs.